CRIPS-TOGO's actions are divided into four programmes, including three "action" programmes aimed at: (i) strengthening positive prevention, comprehensive management of adult PHAs and the Gender and HIV dimension, (ii) strengthening prevention and comprehensive care of HIV-infected children and adolescents and their families and (iii) strengthening youth community engagement for access to reproductive health services; the four cross-cutting program, aims to strengthen governance and develop the organizational and management capabilities of CRIPS-TOGO.
The implementation of these four programs is based on the needs of CRIPS-TOGO target populations (adult and child, adolescent and youth aged 15-24 and the general public or population) in terms of access to health services and care. The fundamental right of vulnerable people to the highest possible level of health, and the need to ensure access to health care, have motivated the priority given to these programmes.
Program 1: Strengthening positive prevention, comprehensive management of adult PHAs and the Gender and HIV dimension
Program 1 is structured in six priority areas:
- Domain 1.1: Positive prevention of new HIV infections and hepatitis B and C
- Domain 1.2: Offering PF services as a choice of dual protection
- Domain 1.3: Medical, biological and immunological monitoring of adult PHAs
- Domain 1.4: Psychosocial care for adult PHAs
- Domain 1.5: Fighting stigma and discrimination
- Domain 1.6: Integrating the Gender and HIV dimension into the monitoring of PHAs
The implementation of the programme 1 interventions will improve the living and health conditions of approximately 900 adult PHAs followed by CRIPS-TOGO by the end of 2018 through its two centres in Lomé and Noépé (CRIPS-TOGO Lomé and CRIPS-TOGO Noépé). The total cost of implementing this axis is estimated at 86,518,000 CFA francs.
Program 2: Strengthening the prevention and comprehensive care of HIV-infected children and adolescents and their families
Program 2 is organized in six priority areas:
- Domain 2.1: Preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT)
- Domain 2.2: Screening siblings of HIV-infected children
- Domain 2.3: Sexual and Reproductive Health of HIV-Infected Adolescents
- Domain 2.4: Medical and biological care for children living with HIV
- Domain 2.5: Nutritional support
- Domain 2.6: Psychosocial care for HIV-infected children
The implementation of The Programme 2 interventions will improve the living and health conditions of approximately 120 HIV-infected children monitored by CRIPS-TOGO by the end of 2018 through its two centres in Lomé and Noépé (CRIPS-TOGO Lomé and CRIPS-TOGO Noépé) . The total cost of implementing this axis is estimated at 92,440,000 CFA francs.
Program 3: Strengthening youth community engagement for access to reproductive health services
Program 3 has two priority areas:
- Domain 3.1: Sexual and Preventive Education of STIs/HIV for 15-24 Year Old Sti
- Domain 3.2: Advanced strategy offering of integrated SR/HIV/PF services
Program 3 will ensure the provision of integrated SR/HIV services to adolescents and youth 15-24 from high-concentration (mostly rural) settings. Particular emphasis will be placed on the establishment of a joint service delivery system (CRIPS-Togo and health response districts).
Actions to be implemented along this axis will help reduce new HIV infections in the 15-24 year old population affected by interventions by 2018. Its total estimated cost is 63,976,500 CFA francs.
Program 4: Strengthening Governance and Building Organizational Capacity
Program 4 is organized in three areas:
- Domain 4.1: Governance and association management
- Domain 4.2: Organizational and management capacity development
- Domain 4.3: Development of service delivery and coordination capabilities
The implementation of Program 4 actions will enable CRIPS-TOGO to strengthen and deliver performance to its governance and management bodies, as well as its organizational and service delivery capabilities. The estimated cost of Axis 4 is 194,326,948 F CFA.